VHSA HALL OF FAME
400 Rosedale Court, Suite 100
Warrenton, VA 20186
tel(540) 349-0910

 

VHSA Medals

 

                                                                                                           

                                  2022 VHSA Medal Finals      

Congratulations to Emily Easton of Keswick, Virginia, trained by Drew Taylor, for being the 2022 VHSA/EMO Pony Equitation Champion!

 

We would like to thank THE EMO AGENCY once again for being the Official Sponsor of ALL of the VHSA Medal Qualifying Classes as well as ALL of the MEDAL FINALS.

The 2022 Warrenton Pony Show will once again be hosting the VHSA/EMO Pony Medal, VHSA/EMO Pony Equitation on the Flat and the VHSA/EMO Children's Pony Medal Finals on Friday, July 1, 2022.

In order to qualify, a VHSA Member must have either Two Blues and/or a minimum number of points in their respective Medal/Flat Class:

Children's Pony Medal - 18.0 points

Pony Equitation on the Flat - 12.0 pts

Pony Medal - 26.0 points

An individual can qualify up to and including the Warrenton Pony Show.

To Enter the Medal Finals, you can enter online on our website at www.vhsa.com, click on PAY DUES, click on MEDAL FINALS ENTRY FEE, complete forms and pay online.  Your order is complete once you see TRANSACTION COMPLETE on top of screen.  If you would rather mail in your forms to our office, please click on the following links for the Entry Form and the Profile Sheet.  Please mail the Entry Form, with payment, and the Profile Sheet to the VHSA office no later than June 22nd.  If after this date, please bring these forms with you to the Warrenton Pony Show.  The VHSA Representatives will be set up in the Horse Show Office on Friday, July 1st by 11:00 a.m.  Please make sure to check in with the VHSA Representatives to pick up your Exhibitor Numbers for the Medal Finals - These are completely different than the show's back numbers.

PLEASE NOTE:  IF YOU SIGN UP ONLINE, WE STILL MUST HAVE AN ENTRY FORM AND PROFILE SHEET IN ORDER FOR EXHIBITORS TO PICK UP THEIR BACK NUMBERS FOR THE MEDAL FINALS!

 

ENTRY FORM

PROFILE SHEET

 

Please contact us with any questions (540.349.0910 or vhsa@verizon.net)

 

 

The 2022 Medal Finals Festival will be held at the Lexington National Horse Show the weekend of August 12th.  This would be the Finals for the VHSA/EMO Children's Medal, VHSA/EMO Hunter Seat Medal, VHSA/EMO Junior Equitation on the Flat, VHSA/EMO Amateur Equitation on the Flat and the VHSA/EMO Adult Amateur Medal.  We will also be holding the VHSA Junior Horsemanship Award (see information below).

In order to qualify, a VHSA member must have either Two Blues or a minimum amount of points in their respective Medal Class, including the Flat.  The VHSA Equitation Committee will decide on what the minimum number of points will be sometime in early July.  Once this decision has been reached, we will make an announcement.  Inviduals can qualify up to and including the Lexington National Horse Show.

The 23rd Annual Junior Horsemanship Award

The Twenty-Third Annual Junior Horsemanship Award will be presented at the Lexington National Horse Show. This three phase event consists of a Written Test which counts as 20% of the overall score, the Practicum Examination which will be held on Friday and Saturday.  The Practicum phase which will count as 30% of the overall score and the final phase will be the first round of the VHSA Hunter Seat Medal which will count as 50% of the overall score.

The Written Test will be held on Thursday evening, August 11th in the Hospitality Room. The time will be announced. The Written Test is also open to those who have qualified for the Children's Medal as practice only. At this time, the Hunter Seat Medal qualifiers can sign up for the Practicum which will be held over two days. Exhibitors should know their schedule in order to sign up for which day and what time works best for them for the Practicum.   Ms. Elise Roschen from Hollins University has graciously agreed to administer the practicum. 

The Walter J. Lee Perpetual Trophy will be presented to the VHSA Junior Horsemanship Champion on Saturday, August 13th, immediately following the conclusion of the VHSA/EMO Hunter Seat Medal Finals.